For immediate release.
Academic Edge, Inc. (AEI) has launched sbirtinaction.org, a website of videos, case studies, courses, and other resources to support adoption and implementation of SBIRT: Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment. “We’ve been involved in many many SBIRT efforts over the years, from NIH funded R&D efforts to helping universities and other programs set up, rollout, and maintain SBIRT programs,” according to Richard Goldsworthy, PhD and Director of Research and Development, “We have a large collection of resources, and we wanted to put them all in one place so people can review and use them.”
sbirtinaction.org includes videos of the SBIRT process, of patient case studies, and of a full clinic adoption case. SBIRT in Action also has examples of courses that introduce screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment. Courses vary from Flash-based modules, to dynamic CMS-based modules, and cover everything from introducing SBIRT to Supporting Organization Wide Implementation.
Incorporating SBIRT in the National Guard
October 3, 2013
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (E.T.)
Purpose: This webinar will focus on the emerging role of SBIRT in Army National Guard settings, with an emphasis on the special needs of addressing substance abuse in military settings. .
- To better understand the nature of the military culture, the stresses of deployment and readjustment from combat to community life
- To understand the steps taken to implement SBIRT in the Iowa Army National Guard
- Michelle Tilotta, RN, BSN, MPA, Iowa Department of Public Health
- Sergeant First Class Janet Richards, Army National Guard Substance Abuse Program
Teleconference and Webinar Instructions:
- Go to: https://jbsinternational.webex.com/jbsinternational/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=574847592
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- If a password is required, enter the meeting password: sbirt123
- Click “Join”.
- To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the event, or call the number below and enter the access code.
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4490
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-408-792-6300
Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
Access code: 574 847 592
Contact Marcus Hudson email@example.com or 240-645-4346